Current version: 4.0.1.xxx
- *** NEW: 5 Pricepoint Daily Database ***.
- Create open, high, low, LastPrice, or open,high, low, Settle daily data
- Roll Intraday or Daily data based on LastPrice or Settle
Current version: 188.8.131.52
- Server modules updated to a faster, more robust delivery environment.
- Server endpoints now include US and Singapore, for multi-redundancy.
- Introduction of a hard-drive clean-up utility.
- Concluded a new Microsoft Framework update.
- Introduction of a new Weekly Sessions Interface to compliment daily sessions, for even more control
- Introducing ETF’s at Portara as a new asset class
- New feature allowing printing of last timestamp as an extra column when creating RTH Daily data.
- Introduced ISO 8601 and CSV style timestamps
- Option in Tenors to only extract by delivery month developed
- Option to reset zone on manual ping for CQG update service
- Minor bug fixes
- Symbol Introductions
- Command Line Tenor Auto Extractions in Roll Manager
- Zulu UTC introduced
- New Exchanges Introduced
- Roll Manager Start Date Algorithm Revised
- Improved interface to contact Portara
- CQG Support Request features for Remote Desktop Control added
- Pause functionality for Auto Updater introduced
- Improved Backup Routines. Now split into two mutually exclusive backups. Now you can backup every day and you can also backup settings only, database only, or include both
- People using Windows UAC will now see a signed digital certificate
- Fixed issue where Setting Session Template to ‘All’ was still reading from the multi-sessions template
- Added ability to postpone or remove updates from blue portara icon when an application update is due
- A new version of Main FuturesInfo.txt that downloads from the cloud does not compensate for user changed tick size properly or BPV Denomination or fractional display, all now fixed
- Bug in Actual Charts minimum value fixed
- Select Template Prompt added in Roll Manager Template Creator
- Creation of a deferred session symbol in the Session Manager is now not dependent on Roll Manager being run at least once.
- Updated the time zone equinox DST files out to year 2030
- Old debug code removed from Forex Year End routine that could possibly fire once per year in mid January with unintentional message
- A ‘late data’ scenario from ‘exchanges reporting late’ on ‘All Zones’ setting in the auto-updater was not being recognised in some cases and thus a potential update was being skipped until next day – now fixed
- Minimum tick on integers greater than 1 on non decimal symbols line Nikkei (rare) was not able to be set properly in Contract Information Tab – now fixed
- Application Updates displayed MessageBox that interfered with users natural experience. It is now done via notification in system tray.
- system ini file double backups on many UIs established for maximum robustness.
- Unhandled exception notifications now silent and saved to file that can be sent to Portara rather than displaying a Messagebox and interfering with users experience.
- Other small enhancements and minor bug fixes.
- New Feature: CQG Auditor isolates daily and intraday changes made by CQG and or Exchanges and displays the changes in a convenient txt file.
- Can now set a deferred Cash Symbol in Roll Manager for enhanced testing.
- Other small enhancements and minor bug fixes.
- Introducing Tenor (Actual Data) Extractions with full compression and format and timestamp flexibility in the same way as with continuous data extractions!
- Some internal static files are now server based for dynamic updates to FuturesInfo files and other meta data when needed.
- Other small enhancements and minor bug fixes.
- CQG Installation UI upgraded and log reporting features display better information based on build subscribed to
- Minor bug fixes.
- Fixed issue where session crosses midnight coupled with custom end of session template didnt chopped data early 1 day before roll
- Portara now has the ability to act as a ‘Standard Daily Only’ product independently of the intraday databases, a useful feature for persons not requiring intraday access and only End Of Day.
- ‘Seek Model’ feature added to Roll Templates so if there is a holiday/weekend for your potential roll date you can ‘seek forward’ to roll the day after any holiday or ‘seek backward’ to roll the day before any holiday
- More robust access to online services for users in remote areas or countries with limited/restricted broadband capabilities.
- The weekly backup functionality now also saves a backup of your ‘current settings files’ as well as backups of your databases
- Fixed an intermittant bug in the parallel looping structure that would throw an exception unexpectedly.
- New Roll methodologies added:
- Back Adjust
- Forward Adjust
- Ratio Forward Adjust
- Ratio Back Adjust
- Zero Adjust
- Ability to ‘Manually Ping’ and ‘Reset Zones’ in Auto Updater
- Portara Charts now compatible with DPI display settings above the windows default of 96
- Tutorials from starter to advanced can now be accessed from the help menu.
- Rolls now can also be based on Customised End Of Session as well as by the standard End Of Day Settlement paradigm. You choose…
- Session Manager is now independent and can be used with both the Roll Manager and the Compression Managers.
- There is a new Multiple Sessions facility within Session Manager so you can set limitless sessions throughout the data stream should the Exchange decide to change times. Throughout the history of the data stream you can set multiple sessions starting and ending at different times by date.
- Introduction of an ‘Current Database’ backup facility in case of a disaster recovery in Portara without the need to re-download vast amounts of data during a fix.
- General UI tidy and better display formatting.
- Changes to the way user data is protected during a new installation.
- Auto Updater enhancements with new manual ping server facility. If you are using Batch File Processing you can now manually “test” your settings without waiting for the zone to complete. A very useful development tool.
- Minor UI fixes and updates based upon user’s observations.
- Fixed an issue with intraday compressions spanning midnight that were reported as not functioning correctly.
- Introduction of a new Roll Model to emulate CQG rolling functionality. There is a new setting in Roll Manager | Default settings where you can initiate this type of roll. Please read the help files for notes on this new roll methodology.
- Introduction of a templates backup facility for templates in Portara.
- Auto Updater appears on desktop with green Portara icon
- Focus given to Roll Manager & Compression managers when using batch file updates
- ‘Show All Templates’ facility in Roll Manager shows all the templat settings in one txt file that can be opened in Excel
- Zone Symbols improved functionality in Auto Updater
- Improved less complex Daily Update Manager
- Improved Help files
- New Command Line commands (see help)
- Homogenous Templates throughout Portara
- Trading Blox: Automatic FuturesInfo.txt file creator
- Introduction of Updates via the Command Line including an Automated Command Line API style
- Inclusion of superior templates for use with external users such as Trading Blox and others. etc.
- Updating Help Files with new features.
- Improved Automation, Integrity Checking & Rollback Routines.
- Introduction of Automatic Updates via Global Zones, Pacific Rim, Europe, US and Remaining All Sessions
- Inclusion od global holidays back to 1965 for each country in Roll Manager
- Introduction of Auto Update API for running customised processes at the end of each update cycle.
- Updates for users with customised requirements
- New DST to Non DST Local Times Flag Created at request of user
- Messages to warn user that very early contracts have limited data in cases where they do
- NYMEX-G and COMEX-G issue corrected as reported by user.
- Roll Manager now has a “Simple” and an “Advanced” Context. This means that the user can toggle the right hand side of the Roll Manager Grid to be visible or not visible. For users not requiring Morth date and pit-to-electronic rolling, the interface looks less complex.
- Introduction of dynamic Session Templates with description video. Session Templates – How To
- Session times are now not restricted to 0000 – 2359
- You may set a session start time from the PRIOR session so you can extract the full night session. Eg BP set from 1400 – 0720 on any day say 28th August 2013 creating RTH Daily bars will build its daily bar from 1401 – 0720 (inclusive) on 27th August 2013 – 28th August 2013 and will timestamp it as 28th August 2013
- The introduction of a special “2400” time that can be used in the session end time. This will ensure that the midnight bar will be included in any extractions. Eg Setting 0000-2400 in the case of RTH Daily bars will include data from 0001 to 0000 the following day.
- Setting 0000-2359 will do exactly that and will include extractions from 0001 to 2359 inclusive.
- There was an issue whereby using a bespoke roll series was reliant upon a roll series being set on the main Roll Manager window. This should not be the case and bespoke roll series should be completely independent, which has now been corrected.
- The Cancel Button on the Compression Manager Intraday was not adequately functioning and has been corrected.
- The introduction of Portara Chart Update History on new version releases